Katadyn Be Free Water Filtration Bottle 1 Litre
Sorry, this item is temporarily out of stock.
The Katadyn BeFree Series has new members in its family of products with the the Katadyn BeFree 1.0 Litre Water Filtration Bottle. Its larger volume enables lightweight transport of safe drinking water on longer outings – whether hiking or traveling – where there are no apparent water sources. This water filter weighs just 63 grams. It can filter up to 2 liters per minute for use.
Just fill up the flask and let the EZ-Clean Membrane™ do the work. Gently squeeze the flask for instant refreshment. Maintain the EZ-Clean Membrane™ quickly and easily for longer life and more enjoyment. Simply fill the flask with water, attach the cover and shake free the debris. Or, remove the filter from the flask and swish in any lake, river or stream. And when you’re ready to “hit the road,” the collapsible flask packs small to fit into tight spaces. Just Smash, Stash and Go! Worry less, Discover more, BeFree.
Features and Specifications
- Weight: 63 grams
- Ideal for city trips, trailrunning, biking, hiking
- Collapsible flask packs small to fit into tight places such as running shorts, cycling jerseys, paddling or fishing vests
- Easy clean the filter membrane by simply shaking or swishing, no backflushing necessary
- Removes 99.9 % protozoa and 99.9999 % bacteria to EPA standards, along with cysts and sediment
- Cartridge is hollow fiber filter; 0.1 micron (0.0001 mm) EZ-Clean MembraneTM
- PVC and BPA free
- Output: up to 2 litres per minute
- Cartridge will filter up to 1000 Litres, depending on water quality
- Wide 42 mm flask opening for easy filling
- Long lasting, high-tech Hydrapak water flask
- Compact and ultralight, weighs just 63 grams
- Volume: 1000 mls
- Dimensions 7 x 7 x 27.5 cm
- Material: EZ-Clean Membrane with Hollow Fibers; Hydrapak® SoftFlaskTM made of TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), 100% PVC and BPA free
Katadyn BeFree Water Filtration Bottle, Winner, Editor's Choice Award, Backpacker Magazine
"Squeeze filters have made pesky pumps nearly obsolete when it comes to non-chemical water treatment, but they’ve had a few flaws—especially when it comes to cleaning. We’ve often arrived at a trip’s first water source only to realize our filters were clogged from the previous trip. But with the new Katadyn, all you have to do is swish it in water, clean or dirty, and you’re clear.
It’s also fast. A two-handed grip blasts out water at 1 liter per minute—comparable to pump filters but without the workout. “The water squirts out as fast as you can suck,” Lyons says. The BeFree condenses the hollow-fiber filter into a low-bulk package that fits in the neck of a soft-sided bottle. We used it in Colombia and found it so quick and handy that the group-size gravity filter we brought stayed in its bag, while everyone opted to use their BeFree. Between the bottle’s inch-wide opening and its pliable sides, it’s easy to dip and scoop from lakes and other non-flowing water. We did spring one leak after jamming the soft bottle in our pack on a climb up Colorado’s Longs Peak, but a dab of Seam Grip fixed it permanently.
Squeeze filters with pump-like reliability? Fill ’er up."
Backpacker Magazine, 2017
Katadyn BeFree Water Filtration Bottle, Gold Winner, ISPO 2017/2018
"The BeFree water filter weighs only 59g. The 0.1 micron hollow EZ-Clean Membrane fiber filter converts water from natural sources into clean, safe drinking water. Just fill up the Hydrapak SoftflaskTM and let it the do the work. Easy to clean by shaking the filled flask or by removing the filter and swishing in clear water.
Jury-Statement about BeFree Water Filtration System by Katadyn: Making something so simple, so easy to use is hard to do. Katadyn managed to design a bottle that is just perfect."