Osprey Aether Pro 70 Men's 70 Litre Lightweight Hiking, Expedition, Mountaineering Backpack
The stripped down, streamlined and svelte Osprey Aether Pro Men's 70 Litre Backpack is made for type-two adventures that span days or months; alpine climbing expeditions with remote basecamps, or boundary-pushing thru-hikes through unknown landscapes where the only trail is the one you make. With one zipper and strengthened hardware, this pack provides worry-free dependability. The hipbelt and harness are interchangeable, and the hipbelt can be custom molded to achieve a fit that's as perfect as this pack. No matter how far you go, the Aether Pro is backed by Osprey's All Mighty Guarantee, forever.
High Performing Design
Stripped down, lightweight, lean and mean for moving fast and getting the job done. Built with rugged dependability to keep you moving strongly toward your objective, no matter how big.
They don’t just carry heavy loads well, the Aether/Ariel Pro fit bodies of all shapes and sizes. Interchangeable harness sizes coupled with heat-moldable hipbelts provide the most outstanding fit and comfort possible.
Lightweight and Steamlined
The Oprey Aether/Ariel Pro Series are built for those who appreciate efficiency and create their own specific systems of organization based on their unique needs, whether expedition mountaineer or explorer of points unknown
Light but Strong Fabric
Osprey's NanoFly™ fabric integrates ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) ripstop and 210D Nylon, creating an incredibly light fabric with remarkable abrasion resistance.
- Removable floating top lid with zippered pocket for storing smaller items
- Integrated FlapJacket™ protects packed gear when top lid is removed
- Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachment allows you to stow your poles in steep terrain or whenever you need your hands free
- Dual removable ice tool loops with upper cord attachments
- Internal reservoir sleeve accommodates up to a 3L reservoir
- Dual front compression straps maintain a slim profile and stabilize loads
- Large, dual removable hipbelt pockets, one zippered and one with a cinch closure, keep a water bottle, snacks and smaller items close at hand
- Dual removable side compression straps stabilize loads or can be removed to save weight
- Reinforced cord loops to attach Osprey Daylite daypack or Alpine Pocket
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Sternum strap with whistle for moments when “safety third” doesn’t cut it*
- Aluminum 7075 peripheral frame effectively transfers load to hipbelt
- Single 6061-T6 center stay maintains backpanel shape
- Spacer mesh fabric provides a comfortable fit
- Precision-cut and accordion-spread mesh-covered foam ridges
- Lightweight and comfortable contact surface
Isoform4 CM Hipbelt
- Custom heat molding for a precise, personalized fit
Volumes and Weights
US and International weight and volume specifications
Dimensions are shown as length (height) x width x depth
|Aether Pro 70 Litres||87cm||45 cm||37|
Key Fabrics used:
- Main: NanoFly™ 210D Nylon X 200D UHMWPE
- Accent: 315D Nylon Cordura® USA
- Bottom: 200D UHMWPE
Outdoor Gear Lab Top Pick Award
Does your interest lie in finding the perfect lightweight pack, with excellent comfort and suspension? If this sounds like you, the Osprey Aether Pro 70 should top your list. With only one zipper and exceptionally durable fabrics, this simple model is built with low weight and durability in mind. While this Top Pick is straightforward from a features perspective, it doesn't sacrifice anything when it comes to its ability to carry heavier loads. The Pro boasts a robust suspension and has dramatically-shaped shoulder straps and top-tier foam; both were incredibly comfortable and supportive. While this model doesn't have lots of features, it has the most important ones; and, whats cool is that most of these features are removable in what is already the best ratio of pack-weight to load carrying capabilities of any model we tested.
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2018
Sizing and Fitting of your Osprey Pack
|Aether 70 Pro Litre Backpack||Small||Medium||Large|
Excellent- Comfortable, well made, strong, ( most importantly) light weight pack that can comfortably hold 15-20kg gear for longer hikes.