Osprey Aether Plus Men's 85 Litre Hiking / Mountaineering Backpack
The Osprey Aether Plus 85 blazes the trail for those in search of a customizable, perfect-fitting pack. One of Osprey's largest volume packs with a stronger LightWire frame, this pack offers a stable carry that can manage the heaviest of loads. Dial in the perfect fit with a Custom Fit-On-The-Fly Hipbelt and Shoulder Strap and detach the top lid to use as a daypack for side trips. Constructed with high quality bluesign®-approved high-tenacity nylon and PFC-free DWR.
A Custom Fit-on-the-Fly Hipbelt, Custom Fit-on-the-Fly Shoulder Strap and adjustable torso length allow for a fine-tuned fit for a variety of body shapes and sizes.
Durable for extended use on the most rugged trails.
Osprey's largest volume packs provide a stable close-to-body carry, ideal for managing heavier loads when the trail gets technical.
Constructed with high quality bluesign®-approved high-tenacity nylon and PFC-free DWR.
- Removable top lid converts to DayLid daypack
- Included raincover made with PFC-free DWR and bluesign®-approved materials
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment
- Floating top lid with lash points
- Integrated FlapJacket cover for lidless use
- Dual front panel zippered pockets for easy-access storage
- Large front panel zip access to main compartment
- Fabric reinforced front shove-it pocket
- Large dual-access stretch mesh side water bottle pockets
- Dual upper/lower side compression straps
- Dual front panel compression straps with StraightJacket compression
- Dual zippered hipbelt pockets
- Dual ice axe loops with bungee tie-offs
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment with removable divider
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve
Enhanced Load Transfer
- The Custom Fit-on-the-Fly Hipbelt integrates the LightWire frame into the adjustment system—creating a better distribution of weight and, in turn, a better carry.
- Extendible Custom Fit-on-the-Fly Hipbelt offers a precise fit for varying waist sizes
- Incremental length and angle adjustments allow for a fine-tuned fit
- Crossbody ErgoPull hipbelt pulls weight into lumbar when hipbelt is tightened
Custom Fit-on-the-Fly Shoulder Strap
- Custom Fit-on-the-Fly Shoulder Straps allow for a precise shoulder wrap and fit
Spacer mesh fabric provides a soft and comfortable contact surface
- Injection-molded, die-cut foam AirScape framesheet maintains comfortable back contact with ventilated airflow channels and maximum stability for carrying heavy loads
- Mesh-covered foam lumbar for supportive, lightweight and comfortable contact surfaces
Volumes and Weights
US and International weight and volume specifications
Dimensions are shown as length (height) x width x depth
|Aether Plus 85 Litres S/M||81 cm||41 cm||40|
Key Fabrics used:
- Main: bluesign®-approved 210D high-tenacity nylon, PFC-free DWR
- Accent: bluesign®-approved 210D high-tenacity nylon honeycomb contrast, PFC-free DWR
- Bottom: bluesign®-approved 210D high-tenacity nylon, PFC-free DWR
Sizing and Fitting of your Osprey Pack
|Aether 85 Plus Litre Backpack||Small/Medium||Large/Extra Large|
Bought this pack for the overland track in Tasmania. I have trialled the pack and it is everything I was looking for, it is very comfortable and so easy to organise and now look forward to the hike.