Patagonia Women's Capilene Thermal Weight Zip Neck Top - Long Sleeve Thermal Top
or make 4 interest-free payments of $26.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
The Patagonia Women's Capilene Thermal Weight Zip Neck Top is Patagonia's warmest, most breathable polyester baselayer with minimal bulk. It uses Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control and Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
Every alpine climber searches for the delicate balance between moving light and fast while staying warm and dry. So Patagonia designed the micro-grid fleece interior of their Capilene® Thermal Weight to provide the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in our lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. This fabric also has 30–92% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Product features include a self-fabric backing on the collar that provides added comfort and a locker loop that lets you hang it to dry, a long center-front zipper for venting, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops to help cover your hands, flatlock seams that minimize chafing, offset shoulder and side seams that lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a drop tail for additional coverage.
Features and Specifications
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control has a smooth face for easy layering; fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance; spandex for stretch and ease of movement. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Self-fabric backing on collar with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang drying
- Offset shoulder seams eliminate chafing under pack straps
- Long center-front zipper vents body heat and is backed by kissing welts for low-bulk comfort next to skin
- Full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- Elastic thumb loops help cover hands
- Flatlock seams minimize chafing; drop tail for increased coverage
- 139 g (4.9 oz)
- Materials: 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric. Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Capilene Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
Patagonia makes four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier.
Bluesign Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in their materials supply chain, and to assist with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Patagonia Size Chart - Women's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.