Marmot Phase 20 -7°C Ultralight 850 Fill Power Down Sleeping Bag - Regular Length
- Anatomical wrap-around footbox increases insulation and room for your feet, more warmth and comfort
- Smooth-curved baffles reduce down shifting. Nautilus multi-baffle hood limits heat loss
- Full length (down to footbox) locking YKK two way zipper with anti-snag slider reduces fabric snagging
- Filled and finished in Rohnert Park, California
- Certified 850 fill power down with down defender to improve water-resistance in wet conditions
- EN Tested for accurate sleeping temp range
- Internal stash pocket
- Snagless insulated draft tube
- Hood draw cord
- Stuff and storage sack included
- Zipper garage
- Stretch tricot baffles
- Two hang loops
Main Materials: Pertex 10d 100% Nylon Ripstop .88oz/yd
Lining Material: Pertex 10d 100% Nylon Ripstop .88oz/yd
Insulation Material: 850+ Fill Power Goose Down
Sleeping Bag Weight: 1lbs 7.3oz (660g)
Bag Temperature: 20° F/-6.67° C
EN Rating: Comfort: 29.5°F / -1.4°C | Lower Limit: 18.5°F / -7.5°C | Extreme: -13.7°F / -25.4°C
Interior Length: 80in (203cm)
Bag Dimensions: (Shoulder X Hip X Foot); 60in (152.4cm) x 58in (147.3cm) x 45in (114.3cm)
Bag Zipper Position: LZ
Outdoor Gear Lab Top Pick Award
"The new Marmot Phase is exceptionally light for its temperature rating. It's a fantastic all-around bag with almost no negatives. Despite its low weight, its dimensions still strike a nice balance between comfort and thermal efficiency (not being too loose and thus cold) and overall, we found the Phase to be warmer than most other similarly rated bags. The internal fabric is wonderful and silky feeling against our skin and its full-length zipper, coupled with its low weight, make it one of the most versatile bags in our review.
While it's a great all-around 20F model, it's not the warmest. That nomination is earned by the roasty-toasty Western Mountaineering UltraLite. For pushing your backpacking sleeping bag to truly frigid temps, we prefer the UltraLite, but otherwise, we prefer the lighter weight of the Phase 20."
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2018
- Stays drier 10 times longer than untreated
- Down maintains 150% more loft than untreated down in damp conditions
- Dries 30% faster than untreated down
- Treatment is PFOA and PFOS free Bluesign approved
This sleeping bag is very warm. I am unsure how cold it was in the blue mountains but it was cold. The hood on the bag is amazing. It is just your eyes and nose left poking out and the hood moves with you. The zipper and toggles glow faintly in the dark which I didn’t know but thought was excellent because when I woke in the night I could find them easily. The pocket inside the bag is a good size.
I bought a sea to summit waterproof compression sack for putting the sleeping bag in for hiking. This worked really well. I didn’t know which one to buy so I called Tim and he sorted it all out for me. Tim was super helpful and also organised the best postage for my rural area.
The sleeping bag also comes with a large size storage bag to keep condition at home and a smaller stuff sack - which just wasn’t going to be small enough for my 40L multi day hiking pack and that is why I wanted the compression sack.
Couldn’t be happier with the products I received! And the service was exceptional.