Patagonia Men's R2 Full-Zip Midlayer Fleece Jacket
or make 4 interest-free payments of $33.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
The ultimate cold-weather midlayer, Patagonia's hybrid-design R2 Full-Zip Fleece Jacket provides exceptionally breathable, quick-drying warmth in Patagonia's most compressible Regulator® style. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
Morning sun disperses last night's frost, bringing to life a new day with new thoughts: Why are we climbing in the shade? For those frigid starts (we won't judge your reasons), this Regulator® fleece jacket's highly refined construction and fabric traps heat and breathes freely, with its main body relying on high-loft Polartec® Thermal Pro® recycled polyester fabric, which is superlight, wicking, compressible, stretchy and soft. The R1® Polartec Power Grid® high/low grid panels wrap each cuff, and then run along the underside of the arms and down the sides to improve fit, mobility and comfort range. The cuff design employs a spiral-stitch construction that won't constrict your forearms when you push up the sleeves; the softly lined inner collar and kissing-welt zipper garage go easy on the neck and chin; Sonic/Stitch seam construction on all zippers reduces bulk; offset shoulder seams stay clear of pack straps; zippers close the external pockets (one chest and two handwarmers, above harness line), while the handwarmers' pocket bags double as stealthy internal mesh drop-in pockets. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
Features and Specifications
- Exceptionally warm, directionally knit Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabric is breathable, compressible, wicks moisture and dries quickly. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- R1® Polartec Power Grid™ on side panels, sleeves and cuffs for improved fit, breathability and abrasion resistance
- Technical fit, underarm gussets and raglan sleeves for increased mobility and comfort under outerwear and packs
- All zippers have Sonic/Stitch seam construction to reduce bulk and improve suppleness; soft, kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Spiral-seam construction at cuff allows sleeves to push up easily without constricting forearms
- One left chest pocket and two high handwarmer pockets have Slim Zip installs, clean-finished zipper garages, and are harness- and pack-compatible; two interior drop-in mesh pockets
- Body: 6.1-oz Polartec® Thermal Pro® 97% polyester (63% recycled)/3% spandex. Side panels/cuffs: 6.3-oz Polartec Power Grid™ 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 405 g (14.3 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
- Slim fit
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. They were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, Patagonia is able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. They now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including their own) into polyester fibers to produce many of their clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Bluesign Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with Bluesign Technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in their materials supply chain, and to assist them with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. Bluesign Technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers. In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners. Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Regulator® fleece insulation provides phenomenal compressibility, light weight warmth, and moisture transport, whether used alone or as part of a layering system. The lofted hollow-core fibers of Regulator fleece insulation conserve body heat while allowing body moisture to wick uninhibited. They’re also lightweight and highly compressible for packing. Regulator Fleece Insulation provides exceptional breathability to keep you dry on the inside and while Regulator fleece provides the same amount of warmth as a much bulkier fleece, it does so with lighter, more compressible materials. Since you stay both dryer and warmer, you’re able to maintain your comfort over a wide temperature range, which results in fewer layering changes and a lighter, less bulky pack.
I have been wearing Patagonia’s R2 jumpers for about 5 years and this is my third one. In fact, I only bought this because this style is no longer being made and was last year’s model. But it’s testament to its quality and performance that I have bought this as my back up jumper. They last forever and will definitely keep you warm.
Good on you Mark. Enjoy your new R2!
Product arrived very promptly