Patagonia Men's Quandary Shorts - 10" lightweight hike and travel shorts - updated
The Patagonia Men's Quandary Shorts are comfortable, multifunctional shorts made of a lightweight stretch-woven nylon/spandex blend with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, 50-UPF sun protection, a gusseted crotch and movement-oriented fit for any activity. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
You can throw some serious bushwhacking, grovely offwidths and miscalculated stream crossings at these shorts and they’ll still look unfazed back at the pub. The lightweight Patagonia Quandary Shorts have a fabric blend of quick-drying stretch-woven nylon (62% recycled) and spandex that takes hard use and bounces back for more. Made for the kinetics of climbing and backpacking, the versatile fabric stretches, resists moisture with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and provides 50+ UPF sun protection. The curved waistband provides a contoured fit at the hips to keep your shorts from migrating downward when you’re high-stepping upward, and a gusseted crotch lets you move without restraint. Pockets: two in front, two in back, a stealth coin pocket and a zippered right-thigh pocket for security. 10" inseam.
Features and Specifications
- Comfortable, multifunctional shorts made of a lightweight, stretch-woven 94% nylon (62% recycled)/6% spandex fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Classic performance fit that’s not too loose or too tight, with room to move comfortably in any work or play activity
- Curved waistband follows the natural shape of the hips and provides a contoured fit to help keep shorts in place during movement; metal button closure with zip fly
- Two handwarmer pockets, right coin pocket and two rear pockets; right-thigh pocket with zipper closure
- Gusseted crotch allows full range of motion
- Available in 10" and 12" inseams
4.2-oz 94% nylon (62% recycled)/6% spandex with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- 212 g (7.5 oz)
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in their materials supply chain, and to assist with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
I took a gamble and bought these shorts online. After reading reviews that said they were slim fitting I purchased one size larger than normal. In hindsight I should have just bought my normal size as I find them too big. Thankfully they have a great cinch cord to tighten them and they seem fine with no discomfort. They look great which means I have been wearing them in social settings and not just on the trail. They feel cool and dry to hike in with great pockets that are close to your legs so that objects are not getting bumped by trekking poles.