Patagonia Men's Nano Puff Hoody Jacket, latest model - windproof light insulated jacket
Warm, windproof, and water-resistant, the updated Patagonia Men's Nano Puff® Hoody uses warm, incredibly lightweight and highly compressible 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco with 55% post-consumer recycled content, wrapped in a 100% recycled polyester shell and liner.
Normal duty for the Patagonia Nano Puff® Hoody includes endless belays as spindrift washes over in waves, hurried pitches up graupel-filled grovel fests and pulling the ropes under shimmering stars. It excels as a sleek micro-belay parka and doubles as an insulated jacket on quick alpine dashes. A simple, elasticized hood opening adds thermostat-like warmth, and the low-bulk, hydrophobic, highly compressible 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco—now with 55% post-consumer recycled content, and still the most thermally efficient synthetic insulation available—traps heat with remarkable efficiency, even when wet. The wind-blocking, moisture-shedding 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish glides effortlessly in your layering system, and a soft, wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage add chin comfort (when all hell’s breaking loose, the little things help). The hoody stuffs into an internal, zippered chest pocket that has a carabiner clip-in loop. It also has two zippered handwarmer pockets, elasticized cuffs and a dual-adjust drawcord hem to seal out wind and seal in warmth.
Features and Specifications
- Lightweight, 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell and lining fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- The most thermally efficient synthetic insulation available now with 55% post-consumer recycled content, 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco is water-repellent, highly compressible and maintains 98% of warmth, even when wet
- Brick quilting pattern with horizontal quilt lines on side panels stabilizes insulation and uses durable thread for abrasion resistance
- Center-front zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets have cleanly finished zipper garages; zippered internal chest pocket doubles as a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Under-the-helmet hood construction is light and simple
- Drawcord-adjustable drop-tail hem seals in warmth
- Shell and lining: 1.4-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco 100% polyester (55% post-consumer recycled content). Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 362 g (12.8 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environme
Primaloft Gold Insulation
Patagonia uses PrimaLoft® insulation inside insulated garments for its warmth, compressibility, and soft comfort. While the human body uses energy to stay warm, PrimaLoft insulation uses a patented microfiber structure to help the body retain warmth and conserve energy. The proprietary ultra-fine fibers of PrimaLoft insulation form a tight collection of air pockets that trap heat from your body and keep the cold out, providing an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. When insulation gets wet, it loses these air pockets and consequently, its insulating properties. PrimaLoft ultra-fine fibers were developed to be water resistant so your insulation stays drier and maintains its insulating properties even when wet.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's (inches)
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).