Patagonia Men's Down Sweater Jacket - 800 Loft
The perfect warmth for just about everything, the classic Patagonia Men's Down Sweater jacket is lightweight, windproof, and fine-tuned this season with a new 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell, 800-fill-power 100% Traceable Down (goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked), and improved fit.
The Patagonia Down Sweater’s featherweight, superbly compressible warmth is for you. The 100% polyester ripstop shell on this down jacket does more than look sharp; it’s tear-resistant, snow shedding and windproof. Details include 800-fill-power 100% Traceable Down (goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked) stabilized with a quilted-through construction, a contoured fit, two exterior zippered pockets and an interior chest pocket that doubles as a zippered stuffsack with a carabiner clip-in loop. Nylon-bound elastic cuffs and drawcord hem (tightens from inside the handwarmer pockets) seal in heat and the DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds moisture.
Features and Specifications
- Durable shell fabric is made of 100% recycled polyester ripstop treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power 100% Traceable Down (goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked)
- Contoured fit has a longer-length hem
- Center-front Vislon® zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two secure handwarmer pockets have Vislon® zippers and garages; internal zippered chest pocket self-stuffs and has a carabiner clip-in loop
- Comfortable nylon-bound elastic cuffs seal in warmth
- Hem adjusts by pulling cord in handwarmer pockets and releases with cord locks at front hem
- Shell: 1.4-oz 20x30-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 1.5-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 100% Traceable Down (800-fill-power goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked)
- 371 g (11.3 oz)
- Regular Fit
- Made in Bangladesh.
100 % Traceable Down Insulation
Patagonia 100% Traceable Down provides the highest assurance of animal welfare in the apparel industry. Every down cluster, in every one of their down products, comes exclusively from birds that were never force-fed and never live-plucked. How do we know? Patagonia hired an independent third-party expert to trace and verify their down supply chain from farm to jacket–and every step in between.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soft drink bottles, making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, Patagonia are able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. They now recycle used soft drink bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of their clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's (inches)
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).
havent really taken it off, keeps me warm at work and at home, good price makes me feel better about it too
Great customer service and quick delivery. Would buy again
Jacket came before expected in advertised quality with nice note from the business. Would buy again.
Excellent service. Rapid postage, arrived within 3 days.