Patagonia Men's Lightweight Down Jacket - 600 Fill
or make 4 interest-free payments of $49.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
Minimalized to perfection, the Patagonia Lightweight Down Jacket exemplifies Patagonia's less-is-more philosophy—100% recycled polyester shell and liner, 600-fill-power Traceable Down (European goose down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked), and essential pockets. That’s it.
Sure, there's jumping jacks, the hot-water-bottle-against-the-belly trick and the time-honored partner spoon. But when you need a touch more warmth, Patagonia's Lightweight Down Jacket makes life easier. Its minimalist, pared-down design traps your heat with 600-fill-power Traceable Down (European goose down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked) inside a lightweight, windproof 100% recycled polyester shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The center-front zipper has an internal storm flap and chin guard, and the construction of the two external handwarmer pockets (set into the forward side seams) creates two internal drop-in pockets. Jacket stuffs into either outside pocket. -
Features and Specifications
- Lightweight, windproof 100% recycled polyester shell and liner fabrics have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 600-fill-power Traceable Down (European goose down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked) is stabilized with a narrow quilting construction
- Center-front Vislon® zipper with internal storm flap and chin guard
- Two external drop-in handwarmer pockets are set into the forward side seam
- Two internal drop-in pockets are created by the external hand pocket construction
- Simple reinforced quilting at hem and cuffs provides structure
- Jacket stows in either hand pocket
- Shell: 1.4-oz 20x30-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 1.5-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a DWR finish. Insulation: 600-fill-power Traceable Down (European goose down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked)
- 272 g (9.6 oz)
- Regular fit
- Made in Vietnam.
100 % Traceable Down Insulation
Patagonia 100% Traceable Down provides the highest assurance of animal welfare in the apparel industry. Every down cluster, in every one of their down products, comes exclusively from birds that were never force-fed and never live-plucked. How do we know? Patagonia hired an independent third-party expert to trace and verify their down supply chain from farm to jacket–and every step in between.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soft drink bottles, making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, Patagonia are able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. They now recycle used soft drink bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of their clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's (inches)
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).