Patagonia Black Hole Mini Maximum Legal Carry On (MLC) Travel Bag 26 Litres
The Patagonia Mini MLC is made with the same iconic design as the classic MLC® bag, only smaller and made with 100% postconsumer recycled polyester Black Hole fabric in the body, lining and webbing. Burly, soft-sided suitcase converts to a backpack with enough room and organization for world travel. Meets strict carry-on requirements.
Patagonia designed the Black Hole® Mini MLC® (Maximum Legal Carry-On) to meet the strict carry-on requirements of international travel. Made from our trusted Black Hole fabric, the Mini MLC is undoubtedly the toughest, most travel-impervious travel bag you’ll ever stuff into an overhead bin. Soft-sided and cleanly designed, this versatile bag holds three days’ worth of clothes, opens like a book for easy packing and meets airline carry-on size requirements so you can get in and out as fast as possible. An internal, padded sleeve holds most 15" laptops and doubles as a clothing organizer (this pocket zips open and lays flat so you won’t have to remove your laptop to meet TSA requirements). The main compartment features two separate pockets for easier packing, access and organization. A second zippered pocket keeps shoes separate from clothing. Two exterior pockets organize the essentials and include features to hold keys, electronics, travel documents, wallet and phone. Multiple carrying options include a padded shoulder strap that can be worn on one shoulder or across the chest, bandolier style; zip-away, ergonomic shoulder straps that convert the MLC to a backpack so you can easily sprint through crowds; and top and side handles for a briefcase carry. An integrated docking sleeve slides over telescoping wheeled luggage handles. Made from 8.7-oz 300-denier 100% postconsumer recycled polyester ripstop (22% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and lined with 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating. Both fabrics have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Features and Specifications
- Light and strong 100% postconsumer recycled polyester ripstop with a highly weather-resistant TPU-film laminate
- Clamshell design for the main zippered compartment features two separate chambers for easy packing, access and organization
- Top zippered compartment organizes essentials; zippered pocket with key clip provides easy access to tickets and passport; tablet sleeve; mesh pockets keep all other necessities organized and accessible
- Laptop pocket is padded and zips open flat, making it TSA-approved; fits most 15" laptops
- Three carrying options: backpack with ergonomic shoulder straps that tuck neatly into a zippered compartment; shoulder bag with comfortable shoulder strap; briefcase with two carry handles
- Rear sleeve allows you to slip the tote on and off rolling luggage handles
- Meets international carry-on requirements
- Made in Vietnam.
- 1,200 g (2 lbs 10.32 oz)
- Materials: Body: 8.7-oz 300-denier 100% postconsumer recycled polyester ripstop (22% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate. Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester with a PU coating. Both with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Body fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Bluesign Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.