Osprey Ace Kid's 50 Litre Backpack (8-14YRS)
With the same quality craftsmanship and features as Osprey's adult packs, the Osprey Ace 50 kid's backpack was built with kids in mind. Up to 5 inches of torso adjustability and an extendable Fit-on-the-Fly hipbelt allow the pack to grow alongside its user. Featuring a ventilated Airspeed suspension, zippered sleeping bag compartment, removable sleeping pad straps, internal reservoir sleeve and plenty of pockets for snacks, sunscreen and other trail sundries. Should the skies open up, an included raincover ensures a happy camper.
Fit Adjustment for Growing Kids
With 4-5 inches of torso length adjustability and an extendable Fit-on-the-Fly hipbelt* with 3 in./7.5 cm. of adjustment, the Ace Series keeps growing with its user. Torso adjustment: Ace 75/50L – 5 inches; Ace 38 – 4 inches. *Ace 75/50L only
An integrated and removable raincover protects your gear from foul weather. It stows away in its own external pocket at the bottom of the pack.
A tensioned mesh backpanel keeps the weight off their back, enabling highly ventilated carrying comfort.
- 3.5 mm LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hipbelt
- 3D-tensioned breathable mesh backpanel with side ventilation
- Soft, edgeless padded mesh harness slides over the AirSpeed suspension offering over 4-5 inches of adjustability to ensure excellent fit
- Adjustable sternum strap with rescue whistle
- Soft, edgeless padded mesh offers a soft, breathable contact surface and large load support
- Fit-on-the-Fly™ adjustable hipbelt ensures a perfect fit and comfortable carry as child grows*
- * Ace 75/50L only
Features and Specifications
- Top load access to main compartment with underlid pocket
- Dual lower side compression straps
- Dual access fabric/mesh side pockets
- Large front panel fabric/mesh shove-it pocket
- Daisy chain for additional gear
- Lower zippered sleeping bag access with divider
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Zippered hipbelt pockets for easy access to small items on the trail
- Integrated removable raincover
- Internal reservoir sleeve
- Adjustable ice tool or fishing rod
- Dual Upper side compression straps
- Fabric: Main: 600D Recycled Nylon Packcloth; Accent: 400D Recycled Nylon Packcloth; Bottom:500D Nylon Packcloth
- Volume: 50 Litres
- Weight: 1.68 Kg
- Load Range: 15-20 % of bodyweight / 7-12 kgs
- Dimensions: 70h x 34w x 30d cm
We have a small framed lad, transitioning from Cub Scouts to Scouts. Looking at overnight hikes and what bare necessities he needs we found the only backpack for both his frame and equipment needs was the Ace Kids 50. Everything fits as it should, he is very happy with this choice.
Bag looks great - haven’t used as yet. Purchasing from Seven Horizons was a pleasure- great communication and it arrived so quickly. Would absolutely purchase from them again:)