Black Diamond Icon Headlamp 500 Lumens
Black Diamond's most powerful headlamp for professionals, adventurers and climbers who demand high-output lighting, the redesigned Black Diamond Icon Headlamp features an updated powerful 320-lumen QuadPower LED, waterproof construction and balanced batteries-in-the-back design.
Whether you're rappelling an alpine route or 50 miles into an overnight trail run, the Black Diamond Icon Headlamp provides an unparalleled 500-lumen output, making it our most powerful light. Waterproof to 1 meter, it’s fortified for mishaps, and with red, green and blue night-vision modes, its versatile for any mission and easily protects your night vision. Now with a removable battery pack that can be easily stowed in a pocket to preserve battery life and programmable brightness memory, the Icon can be customized to fit any adventure.
- One QuadPower LED spotlight and 1 DoublePower white LED emit 500 lumens (max. setting)
- Programmable Brightness Memory gives you the option to set the brightness level when first turned on
- Removable battery pack (longer cable included)
- Red, Green and Blue night vision modes cover the spectrum of night vision needs
- Settings include full strength (in proximity and distance modes), dimming, strobe, RGB night vision options and lock mode
- Three-level power meter shows remaining battery life for three seconds after switching on headlamp
- IP67: Waterproof and dust proof—Best for saltwater and extremely wet or dusty environments. Unit is completely sealed and tested to operate up to 1 meter underwater for 30 minutes. Requires no maintenance after submersion.
- LED Type: 1 QuadPower, 1 DoublePower
- Weight With Batteries: 230 g
- Lumens: 500
- Max Distances: [High] 110 m; [Low] 15 m
- Batteries: 4 AA (included)
- IPX Rating: 67
- Max Burn Time : [High] 50 H; [Low] 200 H
Black Diamond Icon, Outdoor Gear Lab's Top Pick
"The Black Diamond Icon is the highest scoring headlamp in our tests and our Top Pick for Trail Finding due to its unique combination of a 80 meter beam distance and excellent battery life. It offers a bright wide beam that has excellent optics, providing an evenly lit light that was one of our favorites for trail finding, and also a favorite in low-setting for around the campsite. While heavy and bulky compared to most headlamps, and this limitation will rule it out for ultralight backpackers, it offers excellent battery life powered by 4 AA batteries in a durable waterproof package. The Black Diamond Icon is one of the most popular serious headlamps out there (in the category of headlamps that take 3 or 4 AA batteries and weigh 6-8 oz). The current version offers significant improvements over older generations, including a brighter and wider beam as well as a robust waterproof casing." Outdoor Gear Lab, 2014