Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Packable Daypack
Since its first release in 2008 the Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil® Daypack has impressed users with its incredible strength-to-weight performance. The use of siliconised CORDURA® Nylon and reinforcing bar-tacks at stress points enables the Daypack to carry loads 250x its own weight. In 2017 the Ultra-Sil® Daypack won the prestigious Backpacker Editors’ Choice Gold Award for outstanding innovation in design, materials, and performance. To celebrate Sea to Summit have upgraded the Daypack and brought a new look to the entire Ultra-Sil® bag range.Features
- Reinforced shoulder straps to reduce bunching up when carrying heavy loads and ergonomically shaped for better fit
- Webbing daisy-chain on front for a bike light
Made from Ultra-Sil® CORDURA® Nylon with Polyurethane (PU) coating providing a hydrostatic waterhead of 2000mm
- Ultra-Sil® stuff sack with handy aluminium carabiner
- Large capacity, great for lightweight travel
- Packs down small to fit easily in pockets, purses or luggage
- Lightweight at only 72g
- 30 D Cordura Ultra Sil: Sea to Summit's Proprietary fabric Ultra-Sil® employs Cordura® brand yarn which is a high-tenacity Nylon yarn. High-tenacity Nylon is stronger and more abrasion resistant than standard Nylon fibres of the same weight. We use Cordura® Yarn in all of our 30 denier weight products. Cordura® yarn allows us to make much stronger and long-lasting products throughout our range than we could with regular Nylon.
We use two different versions of 30D Ultra-Sil®: a Sil/PU and a Sil/Sil version depending upon its purpose and use. Sil/Sil 30D high-tenacity Nylon with silicone impregnated on both faces. Silicone impregnation works really well with lightweight fabrics as it improves fabric tear strength, abrasion resistance and packability. Siliconised fabric has a measure of self-healing when punctured. This fabric has a water resistance of 600mm and is used where a product needs to be water-shedding and packable. We use Sil/Sil Ultra-Sil® our packable Ultra-Sil® Day pack, Duffle, Shopping bag and Sling Bag. Sil/PU 30D high-tenacity Nylon with Silicone impregnated on the outer face and a polyurethane (PU) coating on the inside. It has a water resistance of over 2,000mm. The Silicone outer works really well for water shedding and to create a slippery surface for easy packing. The PU coating on the inside improves the waterhead rating and allows for sealing of the seams. We use Sil/PU Ultra-Sil® in products that need to be waterproof, such as our Ultra-Sil® dry day pack, Ultra-Sil® dry sacks, Ultra-Sil® pack liners and many other products.
|UltraSil® Day Pack||20L||72 g|
Excellent, just as described.
Gift which will be used for years to come
Very satisfied, both with purchase and speedy delivery
I really like this item. it's super light. Mind you, there are no extras here: no extra pocketsor nifty outer add-ons for water bottles, no padding for shoulder straps, no waist strap, etc. VERY basic. But it's tiny—fits in your palm—and is a perfect addition for those wanting to keep their main backpack to a carry-on size. It's perhaps expensive for what looks like a flimsy backpack, but it's actually quite tough.
Love this awesome little pack. Ultra light and teeny tiny in its storage bag, once unpacked it is durable and big enough for a day pack. After flipping it out of its little bag, I was sceptical that such a decent size pack would fit back into its little storage bag - but I was delighted by how easily it stuffed back in. Water resistance is an added bonus, this little pack will definitely be coming along on my next adventure.