Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Rectangular Insulated Inflatable Sleeping Mat - Large
Sorry, this item is temporarily out of stock.
The Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Insulated Sleeping Mat range provides the most effective system for fine tuning the level of comfort available in any air mat today. Using two high resolution cell layers that can be pressurised independently provides ultimate flexibility in comfort adjustment and protection from rough terrain. If you are on uneven or bumpy terrain, you can inflate the bottom layer at higher pressure as a firm barrier. Using the fine tune valve, you can then adjust the upper layer to a lower pressure to distribute your bodyweight and shape over more cells which feels softer and more comfortable.
When Sea to Summit set out to design a mat that was better than what was already available, they ultimately went back to why we carry a sleeping mat into the wild in the first place — to give us a better night’s sleep. ‘Better’ is of course a very subjective ambition and while they could have made the lightest, or the most compact mat ever designed, they’re stoked to present what they consider to be the most comfortable sleeping mattresses available. Happy sleeping!
The Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Sleeping Mat range is available in Small, Regular and Large sizes (tapered shape), Regular Rectangular and Large Rectangular sizes, all of which are available with or without insulation.
- Air Sprung Cells operate in the same way as a pocket spring mattress, as each cell deforms independently the mattress conforms to your body shape which feels softer and more comfortable with more body contact area and even dispersion of pressure.
- Dual Layer construction uses two independent high resolution layers, giving greater sensitivity by distributing your body weight and shape over more cells. The two layers are offset for more uniform insulation and cushioning.
- Exkin Platinum® is a very lightweight, quiet non-woven fabric that has a thin metalised layer applied to the surface. Exkin Platinum® thermal technology reflects radiant heat loss back to the user.
- The THERMOLITE® insulation lofts up inside the Air Sprung Cells to prevent convective heat loss from your warm body to the cold ground.
- Multi-function valve integrates an inflate port with a one-way valve to prevent air loss before you seal the valve, a rapid air dump deflate port, and a fine tune button to adjust for comfort, in one compact, low profile unit.
- Extrusion TPU lamination is more durable, consistent and is vastly superior to roll-to-roll lamination, helping to prevent delamination.
- Comes with an airstream pumpsack to fill your mat which doubles as a stuff sack for your mat, plus a small repair kit containing self-adhesive patches for repairing punctures in the field, and a spare silicone one-way valve flap.
Length: 201 cm
Width: 64 cm
Inflated Depth: 6.3 cm
Rolled Size: 12.5 x 26 cm
Weight: 1120 grams
Number of Air Sprung Cells: 596
Includes: Stuff sack and repair kit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. WILL MOISTURE BUILD UP DAMAGE MY MAT IF I INFLATE IT WITH MY BREATH?
A. Absolutely not. We have gone to extreme lengths to ensure that the fabrics and coatings that we have used in the construction of our Air Sprung Cell Mattresses can easily withstand the moisture build up that could occur from inflating them with your breath. We have also carefully treated our internal coatings to ensure that microbial life cannot replicate in a moisture rich environment, thus removing the chance that your mat may become moldy.
Q. WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO INFLATE MY AIR SPRUNG CELL MATTRESS?
A. STS Air Sprung Cell Mattresses can be inflated in a number of ways. We have been very careful in using a TPU laminate on the internal face of the fabrics that has been manufactured with an anti-microbial treatment. This means that you are able to blow your mattress up by mouth without risk of mould growth inside the mattress. If you prefer not to huff and puff when setting up camp, we have created the Jet Stream Pump Sack and the Air Stream Dry Sack to make your life easier.
Q. HOW DO I REPAIR MY AIR SPRUNG CELL MAT?
A. Every mattress comes with a repair kit containing a number of patches. These self-adhesive repair patches can be used on holes up to about 2 mm in diameter with complete confidence. If you have a hold larger than this, please contact STS enquiries as to the best way to effect a repair.
Q. WHAT DO I DO IF WATER OR MOISTURE GETS TRAPPED INSIDE MY MATTRESS?
A. Having a small amount of moisture trapped inside your mattress is not a major issue, and the moisture will not damage your mat in anyway because of the anti-microbial TPU lining. You should, however, give your mattress an opportunity to dry out when you get a chance. The best way to achieve this is to hang the mat in a warm and dry environment with the valve open.
Q. WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN MY STS MATTRESS?
A. Mild soap and water is the best way to try and clean any dirt or grime off your mattress. The external coating on the face fabric will ensure that cleaning is quick and effective. Be careful not to use any strong cleaning products or bleaches, as these will damage the fabrics and potentially compromise the integrity of the mattress.