Patagonia Women's Torrentshell Jacket
The Patagonia Women's Torrentshell Jacket is a lightweight packable windproof, waterproof and breathable 2.5-layer nylon hard shell suited to seriously wet weather.
Patagonia's Torrentshell Jacket is ideal for trekking, hiking or commuting in drenching conditions,and provides H2No® Performance Standard protection that's durable, lightweight and versatile. The 2.5-layer nylon jacket has a waterproof/breathable barrier, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and stuffs into one of two zippered handwarmer pockets (with a carabiner clip-in loop). The hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor. The jacket zipper has minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps and the ventilating pit zips have storm flaps and DWR-treated zippers. Also has a microfleece-lined neck, hook-and-loop cuff closures and a drawcord hem.
Features and Specifications
- H2No® Performance Standard shell with waterproof/breathable 2.5-layer nylon ripstop
- 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets and venting pit zips; all with welted exterior storm flaps and DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out weather
- Self-stuff handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- H2No® Performance Standard Shell: 2.5-layer, 2.6-oz 50-denier 100% nylon ripstop, with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 320 g (11.3 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
- Regular fit
Patagonia Size Chart - Women's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
WeatherproofPatagonia's 2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
Patagonia's 2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All Patagonia products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.
Water ResistantDWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia Women's Torrenshell Jacket, Winner, Outdoor Gear Lab Editor's Choice Award, Women's Rain Jackets Review
"Our Editor's Choice award for women's rain jackets goes to the Patagonia Torrentshell - Women's. The numbers don't lie, and this is our top scorer, even with the few reservations we detailed in the review. The top quality material, versatility, and ability to pack into itself helped make it our winner. It is affordable, holds up to even the most prolonged downpours, and is fairly lightweight at 11.3 ounces. It functions just as well in the backcountry as an everyday rain jacket. All in all, the Patagonia Torrentshell is a top notch rain jacket, and you can't go wrong with it."
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2014