Patagonia Men's Ultralight Down Jacket - Latest Model, 800 Fill Power
or make 4 interest-free payments of $74.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
So light. So warm. The Patagonia Men's Ultralight Down Jacket combines 800-fill-power Traceable Down (800-fill-power goose down from geese traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked, as certified by NSF, an independent third party). with a superlight 15-denier 100% nylon Pertex Quantum® shell for a lightweight, toasty warm down jacket.
One minute the wind howls and your breath freezes, and a second later the clouds part and the sun shines. A shoulder-season staple, Patagonia's Ultralight Down Jacket features 800-fill-power Traceable Down (800-fill-power goose down from geese traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked, as certified by NSF, an independent third party) and an ultralight nylon ripstop shell fabric that’s nearly half the weight and twice the strength of our other down shell fabrics. The sewn-through construction, tight channel pattern and just the right amount of down increase versatility for use in more moderate temperatures and diverse activities, while a DWR (durable water repellent) finish sheds snow. A slim silhouette maximizes thermal efficiency and suits its ideal uses: belay jacket over light layers at shaded crags, minimalist summer alpine bivies and unmatched warmth layered under a shell. Pockets include two zippered handwarmers and one zippered chest. The jacket self-stuffs into the left handwarmer to become a travel pillow, and into the chest pocket for storage, with carabiner clip-in loop. A drawcord hem keeps in the heat.
Features and Specifications
- Ultralightweight Pertex Quantum® shell and liner fabrics use interlocking Y-shaped nylon fibers to enhance the performance of the DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power Traceable Down (800-fill-power goose down from geese traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked, as certified by NSF, an independent third party)
- Variegated channel construction stabilizes goose down; side panels with narrow channels provide shape and reduce bulk
- Longer-length hem; center-front zipper has interior storm flap and wicking kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets and one zippered chest pocket have zipper garages; jacket self-stuffs into chest pocket with carabiner clip-in loop, as well as into the left handwarmer pocket to become a travel pillow
- Elastic-bound cuffs and hem with single drawcord adjustment seal in warmth
Shell and lining: 0.85-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® built with Y-shaped filament technology; with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power Traceable
- Down (800-fill-power goose down from geese traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked, as certified by NSF, an independent third party).
- Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 269 g (9.5 oz)
- Made in China.
100 % Traceable Down Insulation
Patagonia 100% Traceable Down provides the highest assurance of animal welfare in the apparel industry. Every down cluster, in every one of their down products, comes exclusively from birds that were never force-fed and never live-plucked. How do we know? Patagonia hired an independent third-party expert to trace and verify their down supply chain from farm to jacket–and every step in between.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's (inches)
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).