Patagonia Men's Torrentshell Jacket - latest model - Waterproof, Windproof, Breathable
or make 4 interest-free payments of $37.49 AUD fortnightly with More info
Sleek, packable and unpretentious, the trusted Patagonia Men's Torrentshell Jacket takes a responsible step forward with a 100% recycled nylon face fabric; waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard protection for rainy-day reliability.
Snow and sleet, freezing rain, tropical storms—are we gonna split hairs? Our Torrentshell Jacket keeps you dry through any variety of bone-soaking wet, with H2No® Performance Standard protection that’s durable, lightweight and versatile. The 2.5-layer jacket uses a 100% recycled nylon face fabric, has a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, and stuffs into one of two zippered handwarmer pockets (with a carabiner clip-in loop). The 2-way-adjustable hood has a laminated visor, and rolls down and stows away with a simplified cord-and-hook design. The center zipper has a minimal-welt exterior and interior storm flaps, and the ventilating pit zips have storm flaps and DWR-treated zippers. With a microfleece-lined neck, self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and a drawcord hem.
Features and Specifications
- 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard shell with a 100% recycled nylon face fabric
- Two-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows with a simplified cord-and-hook design
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper features minimal-welt exterior and interior storm flaps that create a zipper-garage chin guard
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets and venting pit zips; all with welted exterior storm flaps and DWR (durable water repellent)-treated zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out precip
- Jacket self-stuffs into handwarmer pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- 343 g
- Materials: H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Patagonia's 2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
Patagonia's 2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All Patagonia products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in their 24 Killer Wash.
Although Patagonia have been using recycled polyester in their garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's (inches)
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).