Patagonia Men's Storm Racer Ultralight Waterproof Windproof, Breathable Jacket
The Patagonia Men's Storm Racer Jacket offers dependable weather protection in a simple shell built of ultralightweight 3-layer 100% nylon ripstop with an airy tricot backer.
A mountain running essential, the Patagonia Storm Racer Jacket is the lightest waterproof/breathable jacket we’ve ever made: a UTMB-inspired and approved 3-layer, featherlight, pared-down 100% nylon ripstop shell, with a supple feel and a tricot backer that remains comfortable next to skin at mile 100. The jacket features minimal-adjust half-elastic cuffs (low bulk, high comfort), a close-fitting single-pull hood that rolls away and a self-stuffing chest pocket (with carabiner clip-in loop). With reflective logos at left chest and back of neck.
Features and Specifications
- Featherweight H2No® Performance Standard 100% nylon ripstop shell keeps you dry, while a tricot backer wears soft and comfortable next to your skin
- Zippered chest pocket converts to stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Hood adjusts in one pull for ease of use and good peripheral vision
- Durable half-elastic cuffs lie flat against tops of wrists for low bulk and superior comfort; elastic at back hem allows jacket to lie flat against body while sealing out weather
- Reflective logo on left chest and center-back neck
- Perfect over baselayers and light midlayers
- 170 g (6 oz)
- Materials: H2No® Performance Standard shell: 3-layer, 1.7-oz 12-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a 7-denier tricot backer, a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
3-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof and breathable by virtue of an advanced combination of elements: a water-repellent shell fabric and a waterproof/breathable membrane bonded with an ultralight knit backer. The entire fabric package is highly packable and designed for prolonged use in extreme weather.
3-layer H2No™ Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All products bearing the H2No® mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's (inches)
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Though each Patagonia® product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, we can generalize our fit descriptions in four ways:
Formfitting: Conforms to the body’s contours.
Slim Fit: Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
Regular Fit: Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers.
Relaxed Fit: Drapes loosely on the body.
Classic Boy Fit: Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
Anika Fit: Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).