Patagonia Men's Nine Trails Running Shorts 8" with boxer-brief liner - Updated
For the runner who needs fully featured and versatile running shorts, the Patagonia Nine Trails Shorts are made of a lightweight recycled polyester/spandex blend that breathes, wicks moisture and moves comfortably.
These versatile, fully featured, tough yet breathable running shorts have a main body comprised of a lightweight blend of 75-denier 91% recycled polyester/9% spandex fabric with four-way stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Inside, they use a supportive and wicking polyester boxer-brief liner (made from Capilene® Lightweight fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control) for additional chafe protection. All three pockets (two large front, one back right) close with zippers; the drawcord at the waist fine-tunes the fit. Inseam is 8" with 2" side notches. Reflective logo on left-front hem.
Features and Specifications
- Durable 91% recycled polyester/9% spandex stretch-woven blend
- Body fabric treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Supportive, lightweight and wicking recycled polyester boxer-brief liner with HeiQ® Fresh durable odor control provides chafe-free comfort
- Drawcord at waist secures fit
- Two large zippered front pockets; back right-side zippered pocket fits phone or other stash items
- Highly compressible
- Reflective logo on left-front hem
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 181 g (6.4 oz)
- Regular Fit
- Materials: Body: 3.5-oz 75-denier 91% recycled polyester/9% spandex with 4-way stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Waistband: 2.3-oz 100% recycled polyester double knit with miDori™ bioSoft for added wicking and softness, and Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- Fair Trade Certified Sewn
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
bluesign Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in their materials supply chain, and to assist with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.