Patagonia Men's Capilene Thermal Weight Zip Neck Hoody Thermal Underwear
Sorry, this item is temporarily out of stock.
The Patagonia Capilene Thermal Weight Zip Neck Hoody is Patagonia's warmest, most breathable polyester baselayer with minimal bulk.
The first choice for alpine climbers needing next-to-skin warmth, exceptional breathability for aerobic sprints and a heat-trapping hood to thaw out cold belays. The micro-grid fleece interior of our Capilene® Thermal Weight provides the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in our lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, the Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. Capilene Thermal Weight is bluesign® approved, has 30-100% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Features include a two-layer hood with internal neck tape for next-to-skin comfort, a high collar with anatomical shaping for warmth, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops for secure hand coverage, flatlock seams to minimize chafing, offset shoulder and side seams to lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a drop tail for additional coverage.
Features and Specifications
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face for easy layering; fabric's open grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance; spandex for stretch and ease of movement
- High collar and self-fabric hood with anatomical shaping for warmth
- Two-layer hood with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang-drying
- Offset shoulder seams eliminate chafing under pack straps
- Full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- Elastic thumb loops for secure hand coverage
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing; drop tail for increased coverage
- 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric. Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 91% polyester (30% recycled)/9% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 218 g (7.7 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
- Slim fit
Outdoor Gear Lab's "Top Pick" for Thermal Underwear
"Patagonia's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight ¼ Zip Hoody combines a needlessly long name with several thoughtful features to create a functional long underwear top with almost limitless potential uses. Its hidden thumb loops, attached hood, and elongated zipper provide so many ways to adjust your warmth and ventilation that it wins our award for Top Pick in versatility. We found the brushed fleece interior to be particularly soft, and the stretchy fabric kept it in place even during heavy exercise. For a long time, backcountry skiers and climbers have been devoted fans of the similar and popular Patagonia R1 Hoody. Now the refined features of that midweight fleece have been assembled into a lighter base layer. Other tops may be less expensive or more stylish, but this is our favorite for hard-core technical uses."
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2015
Capilene Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
Patagonia makes four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.