Patagonia Men's Capilene Midweight Bottoms Thermal Underwear - latest model
or make 4 interest-free payments of $24.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
The Patagonia Men's Capilene Midweight Bottoms is Patagonia's most versatile polyester baselayer with the greatest comfort range and Polygiene permanent odor control.
It might be summer everywhere else, but on Mount Hunter’s Kennedy-Lowe Route, it always feels like the middle of winter. Designed to manage the extremes of high-output exertion, our Capilene® Midweight fabric hits the sweet spot of weight, breathability and wicking that is the essence of versatility worn alone or with additional layers. It keeps you dry and comfortable when worn during high-exertion activities in cool-to-moderate temperatures and insulates beneath a shell in cold weather. Constructed with a Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric, it has a smooth face for easy layering and a brushed-back grid that aids in wicking as well as warmth. The fabric has 33–66% recycled-polyester content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Features include a brushed elastic waistband for next-to-skin softness, a gusseted crotch for mobility, a functional fly and flatlock seams to minimize chafing.
Features and Specifications
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face for easy layering; spandex for stretch and ease of movement with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Fabric’s brushed-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance
- Elastic waistband is brushed for next-to-skin softness
- Gusseted crotch for comfort and unimpeded mobility
- Functional fly
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing
- 192 g (6.8 oz)
- Materials: 5.2-oz (175-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ 97% polyester (solids: 66% recycled; heathers: 33% recycled)/3% spandex with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Fabric is bluesign® approved
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Capilene Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
Patagonia makes four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier.
Patagonia Size Chart - Men's
Measurements refer to body size, not garment dimensions, and are in inches, unless otherwise noted.
* Inseam will vary depending on style; when lengths are offered, "short" is 30, "regular" is 32 and "long" is 33, unless otherwise noted.