Patagonia Descensionist 40 Litre Backcountry Touring Boardriding Backpack
or make 4 interest-free payments of $67.28 AUD fortnightly with More info
The ski and snowboard variant to Patagonia's Ascensionist alpine pack - the purpose-made Patagonia Descensionist 40 Litre Backcountry Touring Back Pack is built to go light on the ascent but has all the features to accommodate safety tools for epic descents.
There’s only one other thing that can put a smile on your face as big as when you finish a stellar powder descent and we all know what that is—going back and doing it again (what were you thinking?). Built for the freedom of the unbound backcountry, our new Descensionist Pack has a lightweight, fully featured design that meets all the needs of core backcountry riders out for a long day in varied terrain. The durable CORDURA® nylon fabric makes the Descensionist extremely light and supple, but still provides burly puncture and abrasion resistance. It has an asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide for easy packing and closes with the tug of a drawcord that simultaneously cinches the collar and closes the lid instantly for a secure seal against blowing snow. A handy side- access zipper lets you get the goods in and out of your pack quickly. Your probe and avi tools have their own zip-closing pocket that features internal elastic cording to keep everything organized and allow instant retrieval. The suspension system includes a padded hipbelt with a stretch-woven stash pocket and a removable high-density foam back panel for structure and support with heavy loads. The front accessory straps make it easy to pack a snowboard or a pair of skis, and two sets of daisy chains provide multiple lashing options. Other features include a hydration sleeve and port, compression straps to manage different-sized loads and a zippered top pocket on the lid for carrying small essentials. Made from 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating. The base is 420-denier CORDURA 100% nylon plain weave with a polyurethane coating.
Features and Specifications
- Made with durable CORDURA® nylon for puncture and abrasion resistance
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal; side zipper for easy access to main compartment
- High-density foam back panel gives pack structure and helps to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits
- Padded hipbelt with stretch-woven stash pocket
- Snowboard carry straps and diagonal ski carry loop included
- Daisy chains on front provide lashing options; compression straps on sides help manage different-sized loads; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- 947 g (2 lbs 1.4 oz)
- 40 Litre Volume
- Materials: Body: 5.5-oz 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating. Base: 10-oz 420-denier CORDURA 100% nylon plain weave with a polyurethane coating