Patagonia Descensionist 32 Litre Backcountry Touring Boardriding Backpack
Sorry, this item is temporarily out of stock.
The ski and snowboard variant to Patagonia's Ascensionist alpine pack—the purpose-made Patagonia Descensionist 32 Litre Backcountry touring pack is built to go light on the ascent but has all the features to accommodate safety tools for epic descents.
Patagonia's midsized 32 Litre Descensionist Pack has a lightweight, fully featured design that meets all the needs of backcountry riders out for the day in varied terrain. Durable CORDURA® nylon fabric makes the Descensionist extremely light and supple, but still provides burly puncture and abrasion resistance. The Descensionist has an asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide for easy packing and closes with the tug of a drawcord that simultaneously cinches the collar and closes the lid instantly for a secure seal against blowing snow. A handy side-access zipper provides an alternative entry to the main compartment and lets you access your gear quickly and a zippered top pocket on the lid makes sure your small essentials stay handy. Your shovel and avi tools have their own zip-closing pocket that features internal elastic cording to keep everything organized and allow instant retrieval. The suspension system includes a padded hipbelt with a stretch-woven stash pocket and a removable high-density foam back panel for structure and support with heavy loads. Compression straps make it easy to pack a snowboard or a pair of skis, and two sets of daisy chains provide multiple lashing options. Made from 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating. The base is 420-denier CORDURA® 100% nylon plain weave with a polyurethane coating.
Features and Specifications
- Made with durable CORDURA® nylon for puncture and abrasion resistance
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal; side zipper for easy access to main compartment
- High-density foam back panel gives pack structure and helps to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits
- Padded hipbelt with stretch-woven stash pocket
- Snowboard carry straps and diagonal ski carry loop included
- Daisy chains on front provide lashing options; compression straps on sides help manage different-sized loads; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: S/M, L/XL
- 1041 g (2 lb. 4.7 oz.)
S/M: 21 x 10.5 x 5
L/ x L: 23 x 10.5 x 5
32 L (1953 cu. in.)
- Materials: Body: 5.5-oz 210-denier CORDURA® 86% nylon/14% polyester ripstop.
Base: 10-oz 420-denier CORDURA® 100% nylon plain weave.
Both treated with a polyurethane coating