Patagonia Ascensionist 30 Litre Climbing / Mountaineering Daypack
The versatile Patagonia Ascensionist backpack is built to go light on routes from Fitz Roy to Chamonix, but willingly expands when you need to overstuff.
Designed for one- to two-day speedball ascents in places like Chamonix and Patagonia, this streamlined yet highly versatile climbing backpack has everything you need, but absolutely nothing more. It features an integrated, asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide and closes in a single motion for fast packing. Ergonomic shoulder straps (with load lifters) match your torso’s contours for 24-hour comfort. The pack also has a minimalist hip belt and low-profile sternum strap. Four rows of exterior daisy chains provide lashing options for a rope, helmet and pad. Other details include an asymmetric profile for elbow clearance and a zippered pocket on the lid for quick access to small essentials. Made from lightweight yet durable 5.5-oz 210-denier Cordura® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a with a polyurethane coating.
Features and Specifications
- Lightweight, bomber, tear- and abrasion-resistant nylon/polyester Cordura® ripstop
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal
- Minimalist hip belt and low-profile sternum strap
- Daisy chains on front and side panels provide lashing options; zippered pocket on lid offers easy access to small items
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- Materials: 5.5-oz 210-denier Cordura® 86% nylon/14% polyester with a polyurethane coating
- 700 g (1 lb 8.7 oz)
Bought the 30L after my partner lost his 25L one from the same company. Light weight and different possibilities to wear it (without the padding, the belt...).