Patagonia Air Flow Cap
Sorry, this item is temporarily out of stock.
The Patagonia Air Flow Cap is a super breathable running hat with reflectivity and 15-UPF sun protection.
Keep it simple. It’s trail running, not quantum physics. The Patagonia Air Flow Cap is a super breathable running hat made from Air Flow mesh and offering 15-UPF sun protection. The full-length brim with a dark underside reduces glare; and includes a reflective band along the brim’s edge. A COOLMAX® headband wicks moisture and an adjustable rear buckle with elastic adjusts the fit. With Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Features and Specifications
- Completely breathable 100% polyester (50% recycled) Air Flow mesh, with 15-UPF sun protection and Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Full-length brim provides plenty of shade and has a subtle hit of reflectivity
- Dark underbill reduces glare
- COOLMAX® headband wicks moisture
- Adjustable rear buckle with elastic for snug fit
- Reflective logo on front
- 3.2-oz 100% polyester (50% recycled) Air Flow mesh with Polygiene® permanent odor control and 15-UPF sun protection. Headband: COOLMAX® fabric. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 62 g (2.2 oz)
- Made in China.
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soft drink bottles, making them the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, Patagonia are able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. They now recycle used soft drink bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of their clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.UPF stands for “Ultraviolet Protection Factor.” This value represents the fractional amount of the sun’s harmful UV rays that pass through a fabric. A rating of “25” indicates that only 1/25th , or 4% of the UV rays pass through the garment.
Patagonia products with rated UPF protection are tested independently to meet Australia/New Zealand or AATCC protocols. A rating of 15-24 earns a product a rating of “good”; a rating of 25-39 is "very good"; and a rating of 40-50+ is “excellent.” *
* When tested in accordance with Australian/New Zealand test methods AS/NZS 4399 or USA test methods AATCC 183/ASTM D6603/ASTM D6544.