Osprey Transporter 40 Litre Expedition Duffle Bag
The Osprey Transporter Duffle was the first place winner of the prestigious 2018 Carryology Best Travel Luggage category. These packs are at home in the beds of dusty and dented pickup trucks, tied to yaks on faint footpaths, under your bed or in your garage and everywhere in between. From loading a few racks of cams for trips to the Creek, organizing your gear library at home, or packing for the biggest trip of your life, the Transporter® Series will take you there, and bring your gear back safe.
- 40 litres volume
- 1.21 kg
- 53 cm long x 31cm wide x 27 cm deep
Tough as Nails
Dual sided TPU coating inside and out, burly hardware, stiffened main body fabric with protective accent ribs, overlapping zipper rain flaps and design details protect your gear from external elements like snow, rain, hail and sun while keeping your sharp points from poking through.
Gear Intensive Activities
Duffels are workhorses, plain and simple. We stuff them full of more than we should, why not provide a reasonable way to carry them? These duffels amplify your experience, making the way ahead, no matter the distance, clear and easy. Expedition ready, these duffels won’t weight you down when it comes time to shoulder the load.
- Dual-zippered 3-D end pockets with overlapping rain flaps for quick access to smaller items
- Four burly webbing grab handles
- Eight side panel web lashing points securing duffel or attaching gear
- Four lower web lashing points for securing duffels
- Large, lockable U-zip access to main compartment
- Weather-protected main compartment zip path with overlapping rain flaps
- Stowaway contoured harness and yoke for comfortable backpack carry
- Internal zippered mesh side panel pocket
- Shoulder strap included
Stowaway Spacermesh Harness
- Full yoke and contoured harness straps
- Soft, breathable contact surface for comfort
- Adjustable sternum strap with safety whistle
Main: 800D Nylon TPU Double Coated
Accent: 360/400D Nylon TPU Double Coated
Bottom: 800D Nylon TPU Double Coated
Outdoor Gear Lab Top Pick Award
"The Osprey Transporter might seem, at first glance, to be just that, a duffel. Osprey classifies this bag as an "expedition duffel", but it transforms into many things. It is an impressively comfortable backpack, a very useful duffel with messenger bag style carrying comfort, and an over-the-shoulder bag that allows easy access to the main compartment. We were so impressed by the versatility of this bag that we awarded it a Top Pick for Utility. This is not the best bag for frequent airport travel or electronics-heavy missions, but we think you'll find it to be useful for a broad range of travel needs, from unexpected midday detours to weekend adventures and even as luggage on an expedition."
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2018
Haven’t used it yet but it seems to fit the bill