Osprey Aether AG Men's 70 Litre Hiking / Mountaineering Backpack with Raincover
Winner of Outside Magazine's Gear of the Year Award for 2017, the Osprey Aether Men's AG 70 Litre Backpack is the perfect backpacking solution when your primary concerns are carrying heavy loads in ventilated comfort for bigger trips and weeklong-plus excursions. Now featuring Osprey's innovative Anti-Gravity technology and custom fit along with an incredibly robust feature set.
PLEASE NOTE: TOP-LID DAYPACK NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A. - Pack listed below comes with a built-in raincover instead of the daypack top lid. An Osprey Daylite Daypack can be attached to the outside of the pack.
For backpacking, thru-hikes and alpine expeditions, the Osprey Aether AG Series has a pedigree like no other pack. Osprey set the bar for technical backpacking packs by combining Anti-Gravity technology with customizable fit and innovative features to create a more capable and comfortable pack for long-haul load carrying on any multi-day excursion. When you need a pack that can carry heavy loads for up to a week or more, there is no better option than the Aether AG 70. Size XL comes with a Large hipbelt and harness.
The IsoForm5 harness and CM™ hipbelt provide outstanding fit and comfort for especially heavy loads and long miles. Both components are interchangeable to provide a truly custom fit.
The Aether/Ariel AG™ features a continuous, suspended panel of lightweight mesh extending from the upper torso through the lumbar area of the pack and wraps the user in supreme comfort.
- Built in Raincover
- Dual upper side compression straps
- Dual access side stretch mesh pockets
- Lower Inside-Out™ compression straps
- Zippered hipbelt pockets
- Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachment
- Additional main compartment access
- Large stretch mesh front panel pocket
- Dual front compression straps with StraightJacket™ compression
- Dual ice tool loops with bungee tie-offs
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment with removable divider
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Integrated FlapJacket™ cover for lidless use
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve
- Large front J-zip access to main compartment
- LightWire™ tensioned, full peripheral frame comfortably transfers pack load
- Top to bottom suspended mesh wraps shoulders, back and hips for a fully integrated backpanel fit
Isoform Anti-Gravity Mesh Harness
- Interchangeable sizes for a precise, personalized fit
- Adjustable suspended harness with structural load lifter bar for load transfer and comfort
- Die-cut foam lower and mesh ExoForm™ wrap upper
- Adjustable sternum strap with safety whistle
Isoform5 CM Hipbelt
- Custom heat molding and interchangeable sizes for a precise, personalized fit
- Mesh bridge between pads pulls in the lumbar to support heavy loads
Volumes and Weights
US and International weight and volume specifications
Dimensions are shown as length (height) x width x depth
|Aether AG 70 Litres||85 cm||40 cm||34|
Key Fabrics used:
- Main: 210 denier nylon dobby
- Accent: 210 denier high tenacity nylon shadow box
- Bottom: 500 denier nylon packcloth
Sizing and Fitting of your Osprey Pack
|Aether 70 AG Litre Backpack||Small||Medium||Large||Extra Large|
Really happy with pack. Fits perfectly. However was not aware the Aus version was different to the US & had no day pack Included as the built in lid.
Quality of the bags is great.
Finally got around to a load test and seems ok.
As one of those people that could go either way with sizes. 185cm. 75kg.
Im a little unsure how I feel on the size. But If i hadve gone larger Id still be wondering.
Included a hand written thanks from Tim which was a nice touch.
Hinchinbrook Island in FNQ is Australia's largest Island National Park, you have to be completely self sufficient on the Thorsborne track.
Jamie used the Osprey Aether 70L and I took along my Osprey Ariel 50L.
We had enough room in our packs for 3-4 days worth of food, a camp stove, air mattresses, change of clothes, towel, cooking equipment and gear, tent etc. These Osprey packs were the perfect fit for this hike which involved lots of rock hopping, creek crossings ascending and descending tracks.
The packs did not let us down. Osprey is a great brand, they really design their gear well!