LifeStraw Personal Backpacking and Travel Water Filter
LifeStraw is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style filter design lets you turn up to 4,000 liters of contaminated water into safe drinking water.
Follow the Litres: for every LifeStraw filter purchased, a child in Asia will be provided with safe drinking water for an entire school year.
Features and Specifications
- Ultralight: weighs only 2 ounces (57 grams)
- Filters 4000 litres to 0.2 microns with no pumping or chemicals required.
- Hollow fibre membrane
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards
- Portable: only 9” (22.5 cm) long and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter
- Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- BPA free and contains no chemicals
- Raw materials meet US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards
- No aftertaste: LifeStraw doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals
- Removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria, including E. coli and salmonella
- Removes 99.999% waterborne protozoa, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Removes 99.999% of microplastics
- Does not filter dissolved matter or heavy metals such as salt, chlorine or arsenic from water