Black Diamond Storm Waterproof Headlamp - 350 Lumens IP67
or make 4 interest-free payments of $24.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
With a fully sealed waterproof housing, PowerTap Technology and Brightness Memory, the updated Black Diamond Storm Headlamp now features 350 lumens of power, three-color RGB night vision and improved peripheral lighting for close-range tasks.
A rugged, fully waterproof workhorse for foul conditions and big adventures, the Black Diamond Storm Headlamp now features 350 lumens of power and three different colored night vision modes. The redesigned lighting profile offers improved peripheral lighting for close-range activities like cooking, reading or sorting gear, and the Storm also features our Brightness Memory, which allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness without reverting back to full power. Eight different lighting modes allow for fully custom lighting in any situation, and our PowerTap Technology makes for instant brightness adjustments.
- One QuadPower LED and one DoublePower white LED emit 350 lumens
- Red, green and blue SinglePower LEDs for night vision have dimming and strobe settings and activate without cycling through white mode
- PowerTap™ Technology allows instant transitioning between full and dimmed power
- Brightness Memory allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness without reverting back to full power
- Sleek, low-profile design uses four AAA batteries
- Settings include full strength in proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red, green and blue night-vision, and lock mode
- Waterproof and dustproof: Sealed housing withstands immersion up to 1m for 30 minutes (IP67)
Weight With Batteries : 110 g (3.9 oz)
Max Distances : [High] 85 m
[Low] 8 m
Max Burn Time : [High] 40 H
[Low] 120 H (est.)
IPX Rating : IP67
LED Type : 1 QuadPower, 1 DoublePower, 3 SinglePower
Batteries : 4 AAA (included)
Editor's Choice Award Winner - Outdoor Gear Lab
The Storm is rated IPX67, which means it is both waterproof to 1-meter submersion for 30 minutes, and dustproof. Stargazers and hunters will appreciate three excellent color LED lights: red, green, and blue. The Storm weighs in at a reasonable 4.0 ounces (112g), placing it just a bit higher than average, owing to its 4 AAA batteries (most use only 3). But, that extra battery pays dividends in terms of better battery life, with the Storm offering 5 hours in high mode and 42 hours in low, dramatically better than the $10 USD lower cost Black Diamond Spot. The four AAA battery configuration also simplfiies use with rechargeables, since many chargers require an even number of batteries.
The bottom line is that if you decide to buy the Storm, know that it is a choice we recommend and that you will not regret; we think it is well worth the higher price over strong alternatives like the Petzl Tikkina or the BD Spot.
Outdoor Gear Lab, 2018